"I've Got a Golden Ticket!"

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mimsy: Apple software stops connecting to the Internet; Firefox continues fine

Mimsy: Apple software stops connecting to the Internet; Firefox continues fine: "Restarting mDNSResponder fixed the issue, although I expect it’s a temporary fix:

sudo launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist
sudo launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist
And now I can use Safari, get e-mail, and use Software Update!

I found those commands, and their explanation, in How is DNS used by individual processes?.

Judging from what I’ve read, dscacheutil and mDNSResponder are using different systems, but they try to synchronize between each other; that might be why dscacheutil had entries that Safari couldn’t resolve. Beyond that, I don’t know"

'via Blog this'

No comments: